Problem: You want to change your password in the SimUText System.
You may want to change your password for security reasons, or because you reset your password and the new password you were sent is hard to remember.
Remember that passwords are case-SensiTiVe and can contain numbers and letters. As with any computer or Internet password, keep your password in a secure place and do not share it with other students.
To change the password for your SimUText login:
1. Go the SimUText Student Portal (or, if you are taking a class at a Canadian school, go to the Canadian SimUText Student Portal) and click on the SIGN IN HERE link. Enter your current login information (email address and password).
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the "Change Password" tab.
3. Enter your current (old) password, and then type a new password (identically, twice) in the other two fields.
4. Click Change Password at the bottom.
5. Please be patient. The email with your new password may take up to a 1/2 hr to arrive, depending on internet traffic. If you reset the password multiple times, the first email you get will have a password that is no longer good, because you have reset a second time.
6. If you do not receive your reset password in a reasonable amount of time, or if you still cannot log in with your reset password, please see the help page on being registered but unable to log in.