Problem: Low Screen Resolution
If you have a Windows "netbook" with a physical screen size of less than 1024 x 768 pixels, the installer will stop because the application has a minimum screen size requirement.
To allow your Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 computer to display a larger desktop, do the following:
- Right-click on the desktop and select Properties (or open the Displays Control Panel).
- Choose the Settings tab, and click Advanced.
- Choose the Monitor tab, and un-check "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display."
- Click OK.
- Now choose a screen resolution of 1024x768 and click OK to apply the settings. When your mouse reaches the edge of the screen, the desktop will pan and scroll to show the rest of the virtual screen.
- Run the SimUText installer program again.
- Make sure that you are using this resolution when you run the SimUText application, or you will not be able to see or interact with all of the content.
- You can change back to the regular resolution when not using SimUText.
See also: System requirements for Windows