If you can connect to SimUText and you have submitted some answers but can no longer see results in the My Work window, the application may be pointing to an old IP address. This can be resolved by clearing the DNS cache on your computer.
Use the appropriate command-line function for your computer platform to clear the DNS (domain name service) cache on your system.
How to clear your DNS cache
The commands below are specific to either the Windows or the Mac OS X platform. Use the appropriate command for your platform to clear your DNS cache if you cannot log in properly to SimUText or you cannot see results in the My Work window.
Mac OS X:
- Open the Terminal application.
- At the terminal prompt, type dscacheutil -flushcache and then press Enter.
- Type exit and press Enter.
- Close the Terminal window.
- Click the Windows/Start button.
- In the Search field, type cmd and then press Enter.
- In the Command Prompt window, type ipconfig /flushdns and then press Enter.
- Type exit and then press Enter.