- Using a computer running Windows 8 or Windows 10
- Able to log in to the online Student Portal (www.simutext.com)
- Not able to log in to the SimUText application (version 2.13.x)
Login failed. There's no login for that username and password saved on your computer. Did you change your password? (You must be online when you log in for the first time after you register or change your password.)
Windows has a number of DLL (Dynamic-link Library) files that many programs need in order to run properly. Usually, Windows already has them in place, but occasionally they can go missing. This issue has been fixed by downloading and installing a file package from Windows.
Please run through the following steps:
- Click on the link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999
- Scroll down and click on the orange Download button.
- Click the box in front of vcredist_x86.exe and click next.
- Open the vcredist_x86.exe file that you have just downloaded.
- Go through the installation process.
- When the installation is finished, restart your computer.
- Launch the SimUText application and log in.